This is an animated gif. An animated GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) file is a graphic image on a Web page that moves – for example, a twirling icon on a banner or a looping animation on a tumblr site. If you have ever been on tumblr, you will know that these are very common?
Create an animated Gif using the digital camera
Be sure to use a tripod and not move the camera
Use 6-24 images
School gear issues
Creating an Animated Gif with Photoshop Elements
1) It tends to be a small file, so when you open up Photoshop Elements, your dimensions will be as follows:
2) Make sure your camera is on a tripod.
3) Have at least 5 images.
4) You will place the images in Photoshop and keep them on separate layers.
5) Make some edits, add some text.
6) Click on File>Save for Web in Photoshop Elements when you are ready to animate. Your properties should be as follows:
7) Make sure when you upload your animate gif to WordPress, make the image size “Original”. Publish and have fun!
Creating an Animated GIF with Photoshop CS6
[Link to tutorial on how to make animated GIFS]