Create a 30 second – 60 second PSA about distracted driving.
Unlike traditional commercials, Public Service Advertisements (PSA) are primarily designed to inform and educate rather than sell a product or service. They have been around for decades, with the first ones being shown before the second World War. (Paul Suggett)
Steps to Success
1) Watch PSA’s that have already been done to get some ideas. This doesn’t mean you will recreate a previous PSA. You are going to create a new original PSA.
Here is an example of a student PSA about Fake News.
2) Work alone or in groups of 2, 3 or 4 people. Brainstorm ideas and write them down in your journal or on a Google Doc.
3) Storyboard your PSA and include a script or any text to be used.
4) Start filming your project and editing in iMovie.
5) Show your peers and make changes from feedback.
[Link to Official Contest Rules]
[Link to Rubric for PSA]