This is an animated gif. An animated GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) file is a graphic image on a Web page that moves – for example, a twirling icon on a banner or a looping animation on a tumblr site. If you have ever been on tumblr, you will know that these are very common?
You will have 3 periods to make 1 of these. A couple key things with an animated gif.
1) It tends to be a small file, so when you open up Photoshop Elements, your dimensions will be as follows:
2) Make sure your camera is on a tripod.
3) Have at least 5 images.
4) You will place the images in Photoshop and keep them on separate layers. If you have taken the images with a digital camera, they will have to re-sized. Open them up in “Preview”, click on Tools and resize the images. Make them small, perhaps around 500px wide and no higher than 400px.
5) Make some edits, add some text.
6) Click on File>Save for Web in Photoshop Elements when you are ready to animate. Your properties should be as follows:
7) Make sure when you upload your animate gif to WordPress, make the image size “Original”. Publish and have fun!